Monday, May 5, 2008

the first of the photos from Malcolm Myler's camera

looking-in-from-behind-the-stage.jpg
He sent a ton of great ones. and movies. We didn't get the big slideshow going at the end of the night but we're going to put a really slick one together online so it can be here all year. We'll try to do it in a way that everybody can download the photos that they want. I think there's going to be hundreds and hundreds of photos to put your own collection together from. Everybody else who had a camera there, please get me your photos.

whole-roasted-goat-and-pig.jpg

dropping-of-the-feathers-at-sunset.jpg

art-jr-and-eric-setting-up.jpg

poopy-lungstuffing-and-john-sr-at-the-uke-song-circle-2.jpg

the-open-fire-roasted-goat.jpg

song-circle-sunday-morning.jpg

grace_tyler_deirdre.jpg

patrice_john_ann_pig_2.jpg

mike-fletcher.jpg

taylor-with-the-t-shirts.jpg

the-woodzie-muse-pagoda.jpg

will-allan-king-of-the-wo.jpg

6 comments:

Glenn said...

Hey John!
Will and Ian caught a handful of bluegills down at the pond. They used worms for bait.
Thought you might appreciate that!

Deirdre said...

Hey Leslie,

I'm loading mine to Flickr right now. I'll go ahead and create a Woodzie 2008 collection.

John Whipple said...

Great Deirdre. That'll be perfect.

That does my heart good!! I was curious if there were fish in there again. That puppy was dry as a bone for a couple of months three years ago.

Bringing fishing poles for those boys was brilliant!

At the first Woodzie five years ago my brother Russell fished in it. I didn't want him to be disappointed so I said I'd never stocked the tank and had no reason to believe there were any fish in there. He basically said that I was thinking all wrong and that was was no reason to believe there weren't fish in there. It didn't take him anytime to catch a big beautiful bass.

It was the first really great Woodzie story for me. So Will and Ian have just added another chapter to it.

Kim Mackenzie / Kim Hubbeling said...

I just offloaded the camera -- I'll get them on Flickr in a day or two and send you a link. I don't remember taking many photos but my camera says I took 75. Who knew. I did take a whole bunch of Jason Wilbur playing, and also a few of the songwriter's workshop.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for the friends, fun, food and Woodzie Muse Pagoda! Hurray for Woodzie!

Jimmie Bell Whipple said...

I have to say that when I was standing on the stage and called for everyone to gather in a circle, I had no idea of what I was about to see. The crowd was ENORMOUS! People just kept coming and coming!! We were all so spread out that I didn't have a real idea of how numerous we were.
I'm so amazed that we all got along with each other. Each Woodzie attendee deserves a gold star for "Plays Well With Others".

I also loved that there were so many tents and dogs and children. It really became a complete community.

Thanks to every one of you for exceeding my wildest hopes.